TaxBit is the technology platform that enables cryptocurrency adoption by automating the tax complexities behind the asset class. TaxBit is used by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges, governmental authorities, respected accounting firms, and other cryptocurrency facilitators. TaxBit is trusted for solving some of the most novel and difficult tax problems at scale.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. Whether you are a fin-tech wizard, crypto enthusiast, or passionate about solving complex problems at scale, we’d love to speak with you. Apply now.
The Security Engineer is a key function of the growing Security organization of TaxBit, Inc. This position consults and provides guidance on enterprise security operations and solutions, and architects internal processes to augment TaxBit’s threat and vulnerability management program. The Security Engineer role will focus on the implementation, design, and support of security operations and technology as it relates to cloud architecture, network infrastructure, system monitoring, and regulatory compliance.
This role will touch vulnerability management, log monitoring, incident response, EDR, automation, and will work with best-of-breed security tools.
This role focuses on technical and strategic level initiatives, which include working alongside our cloud engineering staff, support team, and sales.
What You’ll Do
- Configure and maintain security solutions in a cloud-centric environment
- Ensure systems and data are protected from unauthorized access, modification, deletion, or exposure following security best practices
- Conduct critical analysis of the current state of the security framework, identifying gaps and key areas for improvement; collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the successful remediation of identified security weaknesses
- Build policies to automate the monitoring of infrastructure, software, and other technical components
- Collaborate with team members and cross functional teams to successfully implement and deploy security detection solutions
- Work with TaxBit’s technical architecture team to build and scale a secure infrastructure
- Assist with the Security program development by creating procedures that align to security policies and standards
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Cyber and/or Network Security, Mathematics, or other related field)
- 5+ years of experience in IT security
- 3+ years of IT infrastructure experience
- Experience with Splunk or other SIEM/Log Management tools
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and security best practices
- Knowledge of the following methodologies: NIST CSF, OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK, and CIS Critical Security Controls
- Knowledge of penetration testing methodologies and practices
- Experience in security incident response and incident handling
Nice to Have
- Experience with Threat Intel, identifying and categorizing through TTPs
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Strong experience in auditing secure cloud configuration and securing cloud environments
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed