TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted in this work by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies (including the IRS), respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members ready to join a hypergrowth company and are excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
As a SME Tax & Accounting Manager, you’ll be a member of TaxBit’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) team.
Your role will include:
- Working closely with Customer Operations to support execution of our enterprise and public sector solutions
- Delivering amazing experiences to TaxBit partners and customers
- Supporting critical client projects in automation and process improvement by leveraging TaxBit’s software solutions while defining business needs related to digital asset trading and transaction data across equities, commodities, fiat, cryptocurrency, etc.
- Tracking client projects, assessing client data, and mapping solution architecture
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can work with complex transactional data, manage projects from beginning to end, quickly learn new objectives, and problem-solve. Most importantly, you possess a do-whatever-it-takes mentality to ensure our clients have the best possible experience.
- Partner with Customer Operations to drive engagements with enterprise and public sector customers
- Leverage subject matter expertise in complex digital asset tax and accounting topics to better support TaxBit customers
- Drive analysis on complex data sets received from clients
- Develop and socialize expertise of client data and how it can be consumed and integrated into TaxBit’s systems
- Work with TaxBit Engineering and Product teams to communicate about data integration and ensure accuracy and completeness of client data
- Evaluate the current needs within partner processes and work cross-functionally to determine how best to meet customer needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their business, processes, and products through proactive communication and in depth discovery
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 5-8 years of income tax experience working in public accounting or industry
- Degree in accounting
- CPA certification
- Exceptional organizational and management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and disparate information
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; high attention to detail and thoroughness in approach
- Team player who is eager to roll up their sleeves and contribute from day 1; brings a great attitude, work-ethic, and eagerness to learn and develop
- Proficiency with Excel is a must
- Ready to identify and perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging issues, news, and best practices within the industry
- Aptitude to learn new industry skill sets; primarily digital assets, accounting, and finance
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed