TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is rapidly scaling its consumer, enterprise and government platforms, and we’re looking for a talented and motivated Technical Writer to join the team. As a Technical Writer at TaxBit, you’ll apply your considerable writing and technical skills to create compelling content that shows how our clients can use TaxBit’s platform to solve their toughest tax and accounting problems. This will involve writing articles and documentation that touch tens of thousands of end users, including our knowledge base, integration guides, and API documentation. This is a really cool opportunity to drive broad impact across our Customer Operations, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams!
- Write high-impact, customer-facing documentation for our consumer and enterprise platforms including: self-help articles, deployment and configuration guidance for IT and dev-ops engineers, user guidance, API and command references, tutorials, walkthroughs, sample apps, and best practices guides
- Collaborate with engineers, technical consultants, and marketing and product managers to develop effective feature documentation
- Help develop a persona-driven and use-case-based, information-architecture approach to organizing content
- Help our teams in their continual effort to improve writing skills, production tools, and processes
- Edit content contributed by engineering and the field for technical accuracy, grammar, usage, adherence to style, and fit within information architecture
- Manage approvals of contributed articles through technical review, content edits, and publication
- 5+ years documenting sophisticated technologies for developers and IT professionals, or equivalent work experience as a software developer, product manager, or solutions architect
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Editing test is required during the hiring process
- Mastery of technical writer and editor tools: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding of AP grammar rules and usage
- Experience documenting UI experiences through knowledge base or help center content, as well as SDKs, APIs, and similar tools
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture concepts and how they’re applied
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to partner cross-functionally with Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Entrepreneurial, "can-do" approach
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Attention to technical accuracy and detail-orientated
- Experience within an API-driven company preferred
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed