TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is rapidly scaling its Consumer, Enterprise and Government Platforms. We are looking for a talented and motivated Technical Writer to join the team. As a Technical Writer at TaxBit, you will apply your considerable writing and technical skills to create compelling content that shows clients how to use TaxBit’s platform to solve their toughest Tax and Accounting problems. This will involve writing articles and documentation that touch tens of thousands of end users, including our Knowledge Base, Integration Guides and API Documentation. This is a really cool opportunity to drive broad impact across our Customer Operations, Engineering, Product and Marketing teams!
- Write high-impact, customer-facing documentation for our Consumer and Enterprise Platforms, including self-help articles, deployment and configuration guidance for IT and devops engineers, user guidance, API and command references, tutorials, walkthroughs, sample apps, and best practices guides
- Collaborate with engineers, technical consultants, marketing and product managers to develop effective feature documentation
- Help develop a persona-driven and use-case-based information-architecture approach to organizing contents
- Help our teams in a continual effort to improve authoring and production tools and processes
- Edit content and manage approvals
- Edit content contributed by engineering and the field for technical accuracy, grammar, usage, adherence to style, and fit within information architecture
- Manage contributed articles through technical review, content edits, and publication
- 5+ years documenting sophisticated technologies for developers and IT professionals, or equivalent work experience (as a software developer, product manager, or solutions architect, for example)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Bonus: experience within an API-driven company
- Mastery of the tools of the technical writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding (or intuition!) of the rules of grammar and usage
- Experience documenting UI experiences (Knowledge Base / Help Center content), as well as SDKs, APIs, and similar tools
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture concepts and how to apply them
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to partner cross functionally with Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Entrepreneurial, "can-do" approach
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Obsession with technical accuracy and attention to detail
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed