TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The legal team at TaxBit is looking for experienced legal counsel to join our team in Draper, UT. As legal counsel at TaxBit, you will drive commercial contracting and help to develop and maintain business infrastructure that will be key to sustaining TaxBit’s overall growth and success.
- Work cross-functionally with legal, security, sales, and business operations teams to build processes that help coordinate and deliver commercial contracts; includes implementing, operating, and managing TaxBit’s contract lifecycle management (CLM) tool and our commercial contracts for the sales team
- Review and improve all historical contracts and agreements, terms, and privacy policies in addition to the compliance team’s internal policies and procedures
- Design workflows to ensure operations are streamlined for new and existing contract templates
- Coordinate with product, engineering, subject matter expert (SME), sales, business operations, and other teams to support TaxBit’s entry into new business verticals
- Manage outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical deals
- 5+ years of experience as a qualified lawyer, with law firm and in-house, working on complex policy and contractual matters
- JD or international equivalent; admitted to practice law in Utah preferred
- Broad legal knowledge that enables you to spot and resolve a variety of legal issues in business models, such as regulatory, contract, IP, privacy, consumer protection, and risk, while practicing discretion at all times; able to handle confidential, highly sensitive information with the utmost care
- Experience developing and running processes to scale legal advice and create self-serve resources for internal teams
- Prior experience in the cryptocurrency, fintech, or software technology spaces
- Familiarity with privacy laws specific to financial institutions, for example GLBA, and the global financial regulatory frameworks such as AML/KYC compliance and PSD2
- Ability to identify and distill complex topics; clearly communicate practical, risk-based solutions with a range of stakeholders—from risk, to sales, to external partners, enterprises, and executives—in additional to internal support teams
- Passion for technology
- Quick study that thrives in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities that occasionally compete
- Team-oriented, self-starter, humble, and able to help our business problem-solve and anticipate potential unknowns
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed