TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The Strategic Partnerships Lead will report to TaxBit’s VP of Growth as a key, early hire on a team that’s focused on driving the growth of our business and operational scale. This role will maximize the strategic and financial ROI of partnerships through scale-based thinking, data-driven prioritization, and plain-old hustle to sign, launch, and activate key partners. We’re looking for a leader with strong product instincts and experience working with cross-functional teams; they’ll build and lead TaxBit’s strategic external partnerships across financial institutions, accounting firms, and other ecosystem partners. They’ll also be instrumental in developing multi-year partnership plans and responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships at partner organizations.
We’re in the early stages of defining how these partnerships will maximize long-term impacts for TaxBit, so this role is ideal for an entrepreneurial, outcome-oriented individual who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to GSD, is excited to work collaboratively across functions, and wants to create the company playbook.
- Identify and prioritize partners based on the fit with overall TaxBit strategy and potential financial impact
- Size and growth
- Technological fit
- Strategic alignment
- Sign, manage, and nurture partnerships
- Enable partners’ success
- Increase the adoption of TaxBit
- Strengthen and expand our relationships
- Identify the right stakeholders within partner organizations who can champion TaxBit, provide education about TaxBit’s value proposition, and understand stakeholder needs
- Execute the business partnership strategy to support the overall platform strategy; define and drive an operating model, goals, KPIs, and norms in alignment with TaxBit's principles, mission, and strategy
- Drive new deal execution from business case development to deal structuring and negotiating
- Ensure TaxBit leadership is aligned with strategies you develop, and work across the organization to transform top company goals into partnership strategies and programs
- 10+ years of work experience with demonstrated excellence in high growth environments, management consulting, GTM development, and/or strategy and operations at a technology company or similar
- 5+ years of leadership experience including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Entrepreneurial mindset; a passion for, and experience with, building new businesses, thinking creatively about growth, and tackling a wide range of new topics
- Strong agency; comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high-level of autonomy and responsibility
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and has the ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Technical acumen, especially an ability to understand product strategy and use this understanding to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and address complex problems
- Exceptional project portfolio management capabilities, i.e., doing the right projects at the right time by selecting and managing projects as a portfolio of investments
- Proven ability to ask the right questions and use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners
- Demonstrates humility and leads by example; sets the right context and helps teammates do their best work
- Possesses an interest and intellectual curiosity about cryptocurrency, digital assets, economic infrastructure, and TaxBit’s partners
- MBA preferred
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed