TaxBit is the technology platform that enables cryptocurrency adoption by automating the tax complexities behind the asset class. TaxBit is used by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges, governmental authorities, respected accounting firms, and other cryptocurrency facilitators. TaxBit is trusted for solving some of the most novel and difficult tax problems at scale.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. Whether you are a fin-tech wizard, crypto enthusiast, or passionate about solving complex problems at scale, we’d love to speak with you. Apply now.
The NOC engineer is an integral part of the growing engineering team at TaxBit, Inc. This position plays a pivotal role in the availability and performance of TaxBit’s application portfolio and services. The NOC engineer partners with Engineering teams in creating world class monitoring, alerting, and automation solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Be the first employee and cornerstone for our NOC team. Willingness to grow into a leader.
- Provide a central hub of communication regarding the status of events within our infrastructure.
- Provide support for Technical Support, R&D, Product, and other internal teams.
- Create alerts and dashboards to provide visibility into the health of our systems.
- Help our services maintain a 99.9%+ uptime that are also performant.
- Responds to any number of alarms, alerts, or abnormal behaviors detected through reactive or proactive monitoring.
- Understand and build out our escalation patterns for critical incidents.
- Ensures all activities are documented and tracked through a ticketing system.
- Performs duties in a flexible fashion as the Network Operations Center is open 24x7.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Participate and lead blameless post-mortems so we can continue to improve.
What You’ll Need
- Ability to execute responsibilities with a high sense of urgency and a willingness to drive issues forward within established processes.
- Ability to begin troubleshooting any issue, problem, or oddity regardless of topic or content with a focus of assessment and engagement of proper external resources.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to harvest and disseminate information in both formal and informal training environments.
- Comfortable being in an on-call rotation.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices to ensure our data remains secure.
Nice to Have
- AWS Experience / AWS Certificates - Associate or Professional
- A keen interest in automating all aspects of your job
- Experience working with SaaS/Cloud based software environments.
- Experience in creating, utilizing, and maintaining technical documentation.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed