TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is expanding its Subject Matter Expert (SME) team and wants to add a talented individual to assist our clients in a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for a team member at the Accounting Senior or Accounting Manager level depending on experience and fit. As a member of the SME team, you’ll work closely with the enterprise accounting clients that use our industry-leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for digital assets.
Your role will include:
- Working closely with Customer Operations to support execution of our enterprise solutions
- Supporting critical client projects in automation and process improvement by leveraging TaxBit’s software solutions while defining business needs related to digital asset trading and transaction data across equities, commodities, fiat, cryptocurrency, etc.
- Tracking client projects, assessing client data, and mapping solution architecture
- Delivering amazing experiences to TaxBit partners and customers
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can work with complex transactional data, manage projects from beginning to end, quickly learn new objectives, and problem-solve. Most importantly, you possess a do-whatever-it-takes mentality to ensure our clients have the best possible experience.
- Partner with Customer Operations to drive engagement with enterprise customers
- Leverage subject matter expertise in complex digital asset accounting topics to better support TaxBit customers
- Drive analysis on complex data sets received from clients and perform detailed review of client deliverables
- Develop and socialize expertise of client data and how it can be consumed and integrated into TaxBit’s systems
- Work with TaxBit Engineering and Product teams to communicate about data integration and ensure accuracy and completeness of client data
- Evaluate the current needs within partner processes and work cross-functionally to determine how best to meet customer needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their business, processes, and products through proactive communication and in depth discovery
- 3-5 years of experience working in public accounting
- Degree in accounting
- CPA certification
- Proficiency with Excel is a must
- Exceptional organizational and management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and disparate information
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; high attention to detail and thoroughness in approach
- Team player who is eager to roll up their sleeves and contribute from day 1; brings a great attitude, work-ethic, and eagerness to learn and develop
- Ready to identify and perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to keep up with emerging issues, news, and best practices within the industry
- Aptitude to learn new industry skill sets; primarily digital assets, accounting, and finance
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.