TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
Security Analyst is a senior role heavily focused on operations. This is an integral part of our growing security organization at TaxBit. You will identify, interpret, and analyze complex security events and correlate them across TaxBit’s infrastructure. This role will touch: vulnerability management; log monitoring; incident response; endpoint detection and response (EDR); and automation. You’ll be working with best-of-breed security tools.
As you focus on technical- and operational-level tasks, you’ll work alongside and collaborate with our Infrastructure, Support, and Relationship Management teams.
- Triage and respond to security events
- Manage and build upon our monitoring and alerting solutions
- Become an integral part of the security incident response team and investigate cyber security incidents
- Improve the organization’s detection capabilities by providing insight and solutions into gap coverage
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and deploy security operations tools and solutions
- Identify, triage, and assist in the remediation of identified vulnerabilities
- Assist in the development and execution of security policies, processes, and procedures
- Research security improvement solutions and make recommendation to the Leadership team
- Be part of an on-call rotation for continuous monitoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field—such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering—or commensurate technical training/experience
- 4+ years of experience in information security or technology risk management
- Knowledge of security monitoring tools (SIEM, EDR, IDS/IPS, UEM, IAM)
- Ample knowledge in adding log sources, tuning, and maintaining a SIEM solution
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and secure best practices
- Previously run a successful threat and vulnerability Management program
- Skilled in security incident response and incident handling
- Knows and understands compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001 and NIST
- Possesses excellent communication skills, has experience drafting policies and technical procedures related to SecOps
- Experience with Threat Intel, identifying and categorizing through TTPs
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
- Knows security standards including ISO 27001, NIST, FedRamp, etc.
- Familiarity with identity and access management solutions
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.