TaxBit is the technology platform that enables cryptocurrency adoption by automating the tax complexities behind the asset class. TaxBit is used by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges, governmental authorities, respected accounting firms, and other cryptocurrency facilitators. TaxBit is trusted for solving some of the most novel and difficult tax problems at scale. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. Whether you are a fin-tech wizard, crypto enthusiast, or passionate about solving complex problems at scale, we’d love to speak with you. Apply now.Read More
As a Senior Tax & Accounting Subject-Matter Expert (SME) at TaxBit, you should be passionate about solving complex problems.You will provide tax and accounting expertise to our teams in product development, support and government fulfillment. You will also have customer facing responsibilities supporting enterprise sales, government audit support, and CPA reviews for consumer clients.
This is a full time on site position based out of Salt Lake City Utah area.
You will work closely with the SME Team, which is made up of CPAs and Attorneys with a diverse background in cryptocurrency taxation and accounting, as well as our engineers and designers.
A summary of the job requirements are as follows:
- Provide audit support to government authorities and large exchanges
- Advise the product team with technical accounting and regulations
- Performing product testing and ensuring necessary changes are communicated with th engineering team
- Support implementations teams
What You Bring To The Table
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Public Accounting or Corporate Accounting
- Knowledgeable in tax related laws, regulations and GAAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA required or CPA eligible
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience using excel
- ASC 606 - Revenue Recognition
- Competitive pay
- 100% paid health insurance premiums
- Stock options
- Upward mobility and accelerated career growth
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- Working with an awesome team that is achieving incredible growth